Monday, August 25, 2008

Farm Credit Fellow - Coral Kent-Dennis

Coral Kent-Dennis spent her week as a Farm Credit Fellow in our Newport, VT office. Her brief bio is below:

I am originally from Marlboro, VT. I got my first experience working with dairy cows at the Putney School, where I went to high school. I am currently going into my senior year at the University of Vermont. For the past three years while at UVM, I have been a calf feeder at the UVM Dairy farm. In the Fall and Spring 2007 semesters, I did the CREAM (Cooperative For Real Education in Agriculture Management) program at UVM. During the second half of the program, I managed the Ovsync and breeding of the 34 CREAM cows, allowing me to gain valuable experience in reproduction and genetics. In the Spring semester of 2008, I attended the Miner Institute. This summer I worked for Genex as a summer intern breeding cows in Addison and Franklin County. It was a great way to meet producers and get involved working in the dairy industry. I enjoyed seeing the different methods of production used by each of the individuals I met. My future goals are to work in the dairy industry in either dairy cattle nutrition or reproduction. I have really enjoyed my week at the Newport Farm Credit office.