Thursday, August 2, 2018

Meet our 2018 Summer Interns - Joshua Lagerquist

We are excited to have five interns join us this year. They will be an important part of several special projects this summer. We'll feature each one here, so you can get to know them. Please welcome them to the team!

Name: Josh Lagerquist
Hometown: Bedford, NH
Where do you attend college and what do you study?:
I currently attend the University of Vermont and will be a senior going into this Fall. I am a part of the Rubenstein School of Environment and Natural resources and am majoring in natural resources with a degree concentration in resource ecology.
How did you hear about Yankee Farm Credit?
One of my forestry lab partners and a fraternity brother of mine were interns with Yankee last summer. They both had very positive experiences and encouraged me to look into the potential opportunity of interning here as well!
What branch location and department are you working in? Do you have any specific projects?
I am working with the appraisal department and am currently based out of the Williston office. One of the nice things is that travel comes with territory when doing appraisal work and it has allowed me to visit the other branches and see more parts of the state. This summer I have been pulling sales data to further develop the sales database, doing some GIS and mapping work as well as shadowing during appraisal inspections.
What do you hope to get out of your internship that you may not get from a traditional classroom?
This internship has given me some really great opportunities to apply skills I have learned through my coursework and then utilize them to solve unique problems. Also, I am hoping to use this internship to help determine my career interests for future.
What do you hope to do after you graduate?
Nothing specific at the moment, I would like to travel a little bit but otherwise hope to hop right into a job or career that is related to my field of study!



For more information on our summer internship opportunities, please email Ruchel St. Hilaire
RStHilaire@yankeefarmcredit.com