Friday, August 10, 2018

Meet our 2018 Summer Interns - Griffin Shaw

We are excited to have five interns join us this year. They will be an important part of several special projects this summer. We'll feature each one here, so you can get to know them. Please welcome them to the team!


NameGriffin Shaw
Hometown: Bradford, VT
Where do you attend college and what do you study?
I’m a junior attending the University of Vermont and I’m studying Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting and Finance.
How did you hear about Yankee Farm Credit?
I heard about Yankee originally from farmers in my hometown, but I learned about this internship from Dr. DeWitt, who is a board member for Yankee.
What branch and department do you work in? Do you have any specific projects?
I am working out of the Williston branch under Lisa in the credit department. I just finished up adjusting data that had errors from the conversion and I will be working on other projects in different departments along with other data cleanup.
What do you hope to get out of your internship that you may not get from a traditional classroom?
I hope to learn how businesses run in a day to day sense and how that fits into the overall goals of the organization, along with gaining practical experience that can be applied better than classroom knowledge. 
What do you hope to do after you graduate?
I hope to get my Masters in Accountancy and become a CPA. From there maybe move into forensic accounting and see where that takes me.


For more information on internship opportunities,
contact Ruchel St. Hilaire, at rsthilaire@yankeefarmcredit.com or 800-639-3053.